The NAESB website states: “The North American Energy Standards Board (NAESB) serves as an industry forum for the development and promotion of standards which will lead to a seamless marketplace for wholesale and retail natural gas and electricity…” Though NAESB documentation for the purchase and sale of natural gas is undoubtedly helpful, the “seamless marketplace” remains aspirational. To improve how you use NAESB Base Contract for Sale and Purchase of Natural Gas, a course led by GuyLaine Charles, a lawyer who works in this space, can only be beneficial. With over 20 years of experience in financial services law including commodities, GuyLaine knows the NAESB Base Contract for Sale and Purchase of Natural Gas inside and out. She can make sense of the tough questions you may have. The online NAESB course will be held in three short sessions (2 hours each) over three days, so you will have time between sessions to consider your own situation and pose new questions to GuyLaine and other course participants.
In this course, you will learn:
- The structure of NAESB Base Contract for Sale and Purchase of Natural Gas including the Canadian Addendum.
- The provisions specific to natural gas and how they can be amended depending on where your client is in the chain.
- How to negotiate adequate assurance provisions to ensure that your client is not subject to unbounded liability.
- In what circumstances a party can declare a Force Majeure under a NAESB Base Contract for Sale and Purchase of Natural Gas.
- How to negotiate for collateral provisions if required by or from your Client.
Also available: ISDA & NAESB Suite