If your organization uses the International Swaps and Derivatives Association’s documentation, and more specifically, the ISDA Master Agreements, you will find it worthwhile to attend Oak Leaf’s online ISDA Documentation Fundamentals course. Because the ISDA documentation offers parties the ability to trade financial and physical energy products under one master agreement, it allows parties to streamline their negotiations. Nevertheless, despite being standard form documents, they should not be mistaken for contracts of adhesion. ISDA agreements are complex and parties should understand what they are signing and negotiate terms to their liking. Whether you are new to ISDA documentation or have questions on industry standard, this course is for you. We are living in an era of depressed natural gas prices and a pandemic that puts into question the enforceability of contracts. To ensure your organization’s ISDA documentation works to its benefit, you need to understand what your Client is agreeing to and thoughtfully and precisely negotiate the ISDA Master Agreement. Three sessions (2.5 hours each) spent with GuyLaine Charles, a lawyer with over 20 years of financial services experience including derivatives, will introduce you to possible ISDA documentation pitfalls and successful ISDA negotiation strategies. GuyLaine is the expert with answers to the questions that have been puzzling you.
In this course, you will learn:
- The single agreement concept. The structure of the ISDA documentation, how it all works together and the benefit of transacting based on a master agreement.
- The differences between the 1992 and 2002 ISDA and how your Client can address them.
- How to ensure that your counterparty cannot exercise its default remedies based on a technical default on your client’s part.
- How to negotiate adequate assurance provisions to ensure that your client is not subject to unbounded liability.
- In what circumstances a party can declare a Force Majeure under an ISDA Master Agreement.
Also available: ISDA & NAESB Suite